Egg drop soup
is one of the most famous Chinese recipes, the ingredients are available anywhere, the procedures are really easy and the taste is amazing. Try it now it’s really delicious
And you won’t stop making it over and over again.
1. 4 cups (950 mL) vegetarian or chicken broth or stock
2. 2 eggs, lightly beaten
3. 1-2 green onions, minced(optional)
4. 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
5. Salt or low sodium soy sauce, to taste(optional)
6. 2-3 teaspoons of sesame oil (optional)
1. Bring the broth or stock to a rolling boil. This should be done in either a deep saucepan or wok. Use whichever tool you are most comfortable with, since using a saucepan instead of a wok will not affect your end results.
2. Mix in the salt and white pepper. This is also the time to add the sesame oil, if you plan on using it.
3. Continue cooking the soup for another minute, and then turn off the heat.Turning off the heat will allow the eggs to reach a desirable "silky" texture.
4. Slowly pour in the eggs.
Create the "shredded" egg look by straining the eggs slowly into the soup through a fork or chopsticks while simultaneously whisking them with you other hand. The fork or chopsticks should be held between eight and ten inches above your saucepan.
To make the eggs look like ribbons instead of shreds, stir the eggs clockwise but do it at a slow, steady, and controlled rate. Be careful not to let the egg streams touch too much, since this will cause unattractive clumping and rubbery eggs.
5. Garnish your creation with onion or chow mein noodles, once the eggs have formed (meaning they are completely cooked). Serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious soup and please share and like the recipe if you found it delicious!
Also never hesitate to tell us any comment in the comments below!
Like us on Facebook, subscribe to our channel on you tube, follow us on twitter
To get the new in our kitchen ;)