Jeera Chaas or Cumin Flavoured Buttermilk is easy and quick beverage during (vrat/upwas/navratri) and completes the meal aka vrat (navratri) ka khana or even normal any meal, buttermilk is must during summer but since we are battling haze here so I am making cumin buttermilk almost every day to serve with lunch and we like cumin flavored butter milk very much and it's very easy to prepar.
Even if you are not fasting during Navratri as I said buttermilk is always wonderful since it's healthy and cooling we can have it any time we prefer. Chaas, also pronounced 'Chaach' is popular drink across India known with various names and comes in various forms and method.
- 1/2 Cup - Fresh Yogurt/Dahi
- 2 Cups - Water
- 1 tsp - Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tbsp - Chopped Coriander Leaves
- To Taste - Sendha Namak/Rock Salt
- In a wide bowl whisk curd/yogurt well, add water and use a wooden whisk (madhani) to whisk again for 2 mins
- Finely chop coriander leaves and add with butter milk, add fresh cumin powder and sendha namak (during non-fasting days you can add table salt), mix well to combine everything.
- Add few ice cubes if needed or chill before serving. Mix well again and pour in serving glasses.
Easy, yum and refreshing Cumin flavored buttermilk is ready.