Konda Kadalai Sundal, Black Chickpeas Sundal is this healthy, easy sundal recipe perfect for Navratri Naivedyam and snack. Sundal is made with multiple legumes but chickpeas is one of most famous beans used in Sundal and it's very easy too. I made this sundal during Ganesha Chaturthi and couldn't post it that time so now during Navratri I am sharing this super easy sundal recipe which is perfect as snack too.
In this festive season I really trying my best to post whatever I can. I thought of making many sundal variety to share but that didn't happen so here sharing something easy and quick. If you want healthy snack to munch on then sundals are great option always.
Sundals are popular during Navratri when the festival is celebrated for 10 and 9 days respectively in South India so to offer Naivedyam everyday Sundal becomes very handy and also it's healthy. If you do not observe fast or offer only vrat food then try Sundal and you will like it too.
- 1 Cup - Kondakadalai/Black Chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 2 tbsp - Fresh Grated Coconut
- For Tempering
- 1 tsp - Oil
- A Pinch - Hing/Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp - Mustard Seeds/Split Skinned Black Gram
- 1 tsp - Urad Dal
- 2 - Broken Dry Red Chili
- A Sprig - Curry Leaves
- Wash and soak black chickpeas for 4 hours or over night. Pressure cook with water just covering the chickpeas, salt for 3 whistles, allow cooker to release pressure.
- In a kadai or pan heat oil add all the items listed under 'For Tempering' in order and allow mustard to splutter, urad dal to become golden brown.
- Add cooked chickpeas (without water), mix and cook for 2-3 mins, now add coconut stir well, cook for a minute and off flame.
Serve for Naivedyam during festivals and enjoy the healthy snack.
- You can also add green chili instead of dry red chili.
- You can add 1/2 tbsp lemon juice for extra zing