Ingredients for Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Cottage cheese (Paneer) – 250 gram
- Cashew Paste – 25 g
- Onions – 2
- Tomatoes – 300 grams
- Green chilies – 2
- Oil – 1½ tablespoons at 2 different times
- Bay leaves (Tez Patta) – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Black Cardamon – 1
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chili Powder or Paprika – ½ teaspoon
- Tumeric – 1 pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Water – according to our preference
- Tomato sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – 100 grams + 25 grams
- Coriander – 1 handfuf
Preparatory steps of Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Allow Paneer to defreeze before cooking.
- Make cashew nuts paste using a blender with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
- Chop coriander leaves and keep aside.
- Cut onions, tomatoes and green chilies into small pieces – Will semi-cook & grind them later.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons of oil in a pan and then, add onions and stir them for around 3 minutes.
- Then, add the tomatoes and green chilies and stir properly and cover the pan to allow cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, switch off heat and put them in mixer and blend them into a purée* and keep them aside.
- Chop your soft Paneer into squares or rectangular depending on your preference.
SSteps of Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Clean your sauce pan and add oil and allow to heat a little.
- Immediately, add 2 bay leaves, 2 cloves and 1 black cardamom and stir properly for a minute or 2.
- Once the cloves & cardamom become red, remove them from the oil and add 2 teaspoons of the ginger-garlic paste and stir properly to AVOID BURNING.
- Then, add the Onions-Tomatoes-Chilies purée* and stir quickly and add:
(i) Salt – to taste
(ii) Red Chili Powder or Paprika – ½ teaspoon
(iii) Tumeric – 1 pinch
(iv) Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Stir everything properly and lower the flame because there is a high risk of burning the ingredients here.
- Then, add the cashew nuts paste and again stir and add some water to get a saucy gravy.
- Allow cook for 2 to 3 minutes and add 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce and allow the gravy to cook over low to medium flame till bubbling.
- Then, lower flame and add the cream and stir and add coriander leaves and paneer and allow cooking.
- Increase heat to medium for a few more minutes and check one Paneer to see if cooked and check salt.
- If all is cooked, then, switch off heat and after putting in bowl, pour some fresh cream again to garnish.